This week is National Earth Science Week. Earth Science Week. Earth Science Week occurs during the second full week of October and is organized by the American Geosciences Institute. Each day of the week also has a theme.
- Sunday: International Geocache Day
- Monday: Earth Science Literacy Day
- Tuesday: No Child Left Inside Day
- Wednesday: National Fossil Day
- Thursday: Geoscience for Everyone Day
- Friday: Geologic Map Day
- Saturday: International Archaeology Day
There is also an overall theme for the week. This year’s theme is “Visualizing Earth Systems“. The website is full of information and fun things to look at. There links in the left sidebar to maps, models, and remote sensing images showing climate, energy, natural hazards, minerals, water and other Earth science topics.
Enjoy these resources! And, Happy Earth Science Week.